Selecting Narrative Essay Topics: Key Aspects To Consider
What is a narrative essay?
A narrative article is a piece of academic writing that tells a story to the readers from the point-of-view of the author. The topic of the essay can be anything- a movie, any travel destination or any significant personal incident from real life. Such an essay topics must reveal the vivid imagination, the colorful language and story –telling skill of the author.
How to select a topic for a description article?
The first and foremost step to consider is- you can’t take a vague or philosophical idea for your article. A descriptive write up needs to evoke the imagination power of the reader. So you choose a theme that has a sentiment attached to it. It has to ooze out a very ‘physical’ feeling to the readers. The topic mustn’t need the back up of statistics and facts.
14 narrative essay topics that will make for great high school projects
- Everyday from morning to night, you have to do countless things. Write an article about one thing you dislike to do most and why.
- Prepare an article about the last time you have visited your distant cousins and what fun you all had together.
- Describe a chance encounter to a foreigner that has changed your perspective towards life.
- Narrate a funny interview that you had attended in the past for a part-time job.
- Illustrate an embarrassing experience outside the school, which you had with an opposite gender.
- You must have spent few evenings alone in your house when the parents were away. Describe a frightening or eerie experience that happened to you in one such evening.
- You used to get impressed with people who had smart appearances. But one event must have happened in your life, that changed your this view somehow. Narrate the story where appearance truly misled you.
- You must have encountered any catastrophic event of natural disaster in the past. Narrate it.
- Portray what dearest possession you have lost so far and the sentiments attached with it.
- Describe the loving pet you have/had in your family and how it made your life better.
- Write an article illustrating the first time you saw a movie sitting inside a movie theatre.
- A sea-side vacation that you have taken with your family in the past.
- The first time you went for camping with your class mates and what lessons you drew from the experience.
- The biggest rejection you have faced so far in life and what it taught you.